Managing Director – Consignor U.S.
Lucas Group has partnered with Consignor (www.consignor.com), Europe’s leading provider of Multi-Carrier Parcel Management software solutions, to find a Managing Director to launch their U.S. operations based in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Founded in the Nordics in 1997, Consignor is a family owned international technology company with a long-term commitment to its customers and employees.
- Consignor is fully independent and enjoys a strong financial position with 20 consecutive years of YOY sales growth.
- There is a very strong and supportive corporate culture with low staff turnover and a high degree of engagement and participation.
What Consignor does:
- Consignor delivers software solutions that make shipping easy.
- The Consignor platform is a Delivery management platform that supports mission critical business processes. Supply Chain Execution – SCE.
- Gartner defines Consignor’s area of operations as “Multi Carrier Parcel Management”.
- Consignor holds the biggest carrier library in the world, and their value proposition is very competitive.
- The appointed candidate will be the first employee in the U.S. and will build the company from scratch with full support from the corporate matrix.
- The position as Consignor U.S. Managing Director offers an attractive opportunity to have P&L responsibility and a full value chain. You will represent a strong brand and cutting-edge software technology.
- Build and run your own business within the corporate frame.
- There is a significant market potential and a motivated team to carry out the activities with committed support from HR, Finance and IT.
- The Group will ensure that R&D and product management can deliver the right solutions for the U.S. market.
- Consignor has enjoyed uninterrupted sales growth and has a highly credible offering in the market. The Consignor platform is offered both for high volume customers as well as medium sized shippers. Yearly average licencing revenue per shipper can vary from thousands to a million USD per annum.
- Consignor serves more than 10,000 customers, including some of the biggest shippers in the world – like Alibaba, Superdry, Lego, ABB and Schneider.
- Must have experience with a supply chain logistics or parcel management software company.
- Must have a convincing track record of managing a sales or after-sales unit, coupled with very strong people management skills. It will also be important to ensure that local initiatives are aligned with corporate procedures.
- The preferred educational background will include either a technical education or business degree (or a combination) with commercial experience.
- It is important to know about sales channel management and to have the ability to execute market related activities on a tactical level.
- The candidate needs to fully grasp the functionality of the product and demonstrate sales and business development experience operating in a multi-channel environment.
- The role requires someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset and who can act as a leader and ‘front person’ in the development and implementation of Consignor in the U.S.
- The candidate needs to have the character, gravitas, experience and credibility to deliver all the critical activities and lead the development of a local based team.
Key information for potential candidates:
- The position will be based in Atlanta and travel is required as appropriate.
- Candidates must currently reside in the U.S. and have the right to work for any employer in the U.S.
- There is an attractive remuneration and benefits package including a progressive bonus scheme.
- Training will be provided and take place in Consignor’s London office. The candidate must expect to spend most of a month in Europe.
Text by: Consignor, email@example.com